Please read this agreement carefully. If you do not agree with it, you should leave our Website immediately.
- Compliance: SpecialCase takes the privacy of all its users very seriously. We are committed to protecting your personal information and being transparent about what information we hold about you.
- Data Collection: When you become a customer, work with us on a project, or sign up to our online mailing list, we store personal information such as your name, email address, title and company or organization and if appropriate the nature of your project. You can contact us to amend or remove any of this information should you wish to at any time.
- Mailing List: We send our newsletter using Mailchimp.com. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our newsletter. You can unsubscribe from general mailings at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our emails.
- Data Privacy: We respect the privacy of our users and will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to any third party. We will only use your personal information to respond to your requests and occasionally send you information about our products and plans. On certain pages our site may link to other websites and we are not responsible for their data policies or procedures or their content. We will also disclose your personally identifiable information if we reasonably believe we are required to do so by law, regulation or other government authority or to prevent harm to yourself or others. In addition, we may transfer your personally identifiable information to a successor entity upon a merger, consolidation or other corporate reorganization in which SpecialCase participates or to a purchaser of all or substantially all of SpecialCase’s assets. It is SpecialCase’s practice to seek appropriate protection for information in these types of transactions. There may be exceptional circumstances where SpecialCase is required by a legal or other regulatory authority to disclose the information or when you the user require us to make available your personal information to you. Citizens in the European Union have specific rights in regards to the processing and control of their personal data. We request that E.U. citizens read the information provided at knowyourprivacyrights.org
- Data Security: We follow generally accepted standards to store and protect the personal data we collect, both during transmission and once received and stored, including utilization of encryption where appropriate. We retain personal data only for as long as necessary to provide the services you have requested and thereafter for a variety of legitimate legal or business purposes. There might include retention periods:
mandated by law, contract or similar obligations applicable to our business operations;
for preserving, resolving, defending or enforcing our legal and/or contractual rights;
or needed to maintain adequate and accurate business and financial records.
- Cookies: The Site is set up to use “cookie” information collection technology – information that is automatically collected on the user’s browser through the Website – for the purpose of;
(a) allowing users to log on automatically without being required to register each time to access the Restricted Materials (as defined in the Website Terms); and
(b) user-traffic analysis and for managing relationships with our advertisers who may have directed you to our site.
Note: information collected via cookies does not identify you personally, rather only in aggregate. You may still choose to disable the “cookie” on your browser to prevent the automatic process being activated each time you access the Website.
- Governing Law and Disputes: This policy and consent forms part of our Website Terms and as such it shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Ukrainian law and, if you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA) we maintain your personal data subject to the General Data Protection Regulation. Unless there is a conflict between these two, you irrevocably agree that the courts of Ukraine shall have exclusive jurisdiction to resolve any dispute or claim of whatever nature arising out of or relating to this policy and consent or otherwise to the use of your personal data, and that such laws shall govern such dispute or claim. However, we retain the right to bring legal proceedings in any jurisdiction where we believe that infringement of our intellectual property rights or breach of those terms is taking place or originating. You are responsible for compliance with any applicable laws and regulations of the jurisdiction from which you are accessing this website. We operate and host this website from Ukraine and make no representation or warranty that the information contained herein is appropriate, available for use or complies with any law or regulation applicable in locations outside Ukraine.
If you have any questions or concerns about the information we hold about you, please contact us.
This Privacy Statement was last amended on May 01, 2019.